Dear community, investors, and our first data heroes,
2022 has been an incredibly busy and eventful year for us at Data Lake, and we thought it would be worth reflecting to take stock of everything that has been accomplished by our team and our community.
At Data Lake we’ve assembled a team of “doers” — those who care about the project deeply and who give their all on a weekly basis to achieve and exceed their goals. With this sort of team and work ethic we set some pretty lofty goals for the year, including the launching of our blockchain-based consent system, the first data donation campaigns, and much more! We knew with the right team, the right advisors and investors — and of course with the help of our community — we could achieve these goals.
Before looking more closely at what we’ve crossed off the list this year, we’re proud to be able to say that we have hit the vast majority of the milestones of our roadmap for 2022! In some cases, we’ve gone beyond what we said we would accomplish. One of our company core values is keeping our word; with us what you see is what you get, and if we say we’ll do something then that means we’ll do everything in our power to ensure that we deliver on that promise.
With that said, let’s take a deeper look at some of the milestones we crossed off the list this year!
- Built Medical Data Consent Platform Proof-of-Concept
- Began building startup team
- Secured partnerships and seed investment
- First media campaign, conferences, and interviews
- Medical Data Consent Platform MVP ready
- Expanded international team
- Created Data Lake identity
- Secured first LOIs for anonymized data
- Built coalition of organizations (patient, healthcare, public, institutional, industry)
- First data providers signed
- Additional investment secured
- Huge community growth
- Built token panel application
- First in-hospital campaigns launched
- First consents collected
- First version of the consent application launched
- Additional in-hospital campaigns launched
- First consent on the blockchain submitted
- $LAKE Token launched
- Token application launched
- Launched and ongoing International media campaign
As you can see from this list, we’ve accomplished an incredible amount in a very short space of time, and there’s so much we have done that is not even on this list!
In 2023, we are taking Consent-to-Earn based medical data donation from a conceptual whitepaper to a widely spread reality.
In particular, our most important goal for 2023 is building and adding new pieces to our tech infrastructure, as well as further development on our Consent Application, Data Collection and Data Processing infrastructure.
Some of the major milestones we are planning for 2023 are:
- Launch of our Benefit Panel to reward Data Donors
- Development of the Data Collection system (incl. integration framework)
- Development of the Data Processing system, including scripts for standardization of different medical data formats and anonymization
- Further cybersecurity audits and certification
- Development of the Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) system, to be able to share our data sets securely with Data Buyers
- Development of transparency smart contracts to be able to track operations on the data by the users
- Signing agreements with subsequent Data Providers, Data Buyers/Research Entities, Consent Collectors, Integrators and Trust Entities
- Carrying out broad consent collection campaigns as well as campaigns targeted for selected patient’s groups
- Further $LAKE exchange listings
- Ensuring compliance with the Data Governance Act
The roadmap speaks for itself; there’s a lot of work to be done in the next 11 months in order for Data Lake to become the European standard for medical data donation, unlock a market worth billions every year and, most importantly, contribute substantially to save lives. But we’re confident that we have the right team and technology to ensure our success.
If you are reading this letter, it probably means that you are already part of our movement, and we could not be more proud to have you on board. Thank you for your continued support of us and our mission,
The Data Lake Founders & Team.